4. Find new friends around the world to surf with
As stated in our Mission Statement, iSurfedThere.com aims to become the internet's number one place to connect with others who share a passion for riding waves. If you see someone's profile that interests you, send them a friend request and strike up a conversation. Who knows, you may make a friend for life!
5. Offer a space for others to crash, and perhaps make some dough too
Got some extra space that you want to offer to fellow surfers for free, for barter, or for cash? List it here.
6. Find a place to crash in your surf travels
Our Classified Ads section is all set for you to hook up with other like minded surfers who are offering up space for you to crash on your next trip, whether it's just up the coast or half way around the world.
7. Chat with other surfers from around the world
IST offers many ways to communicate with your friends, including private messages, the Graffitti Wall on every member's page, and (soon to come) live chat. Make some friends and stay connected even when your'e away from the beach.
8. Find a new stick for your quiver, or sell your old one
And that's just the tip of the cleanup set!
Though the site is still officially in beta mode, it is for the most part fully functional and ready for you to explore, enjoy, and add your own personal flavor to its pages. So please, create an account and jump right in! The water is nice and the waves are bitchin!
Here's a little more about what you will see when you're logged in:
- A live map on each member's page showing the places around the world that they have surfed
- A map on each surf break's page showing its location, type of break, etc., and how many IST members have surfed there
- A rotating series of maps on the site's home page showing members' info, including their surf spots, avatar, and other info
- Information on the special IST die cut window sticker kit and customizable T-shirt that every paid member will receive, along with lots of other cool perks, including expanded classified ad listings, first notice on special events, and more!
Anyone who contributes valuable feedback during this "beta" launch period will receive free lifetime memberships for their efforts, so get registered and get to it! We're excited you're here!
Shakas and alohas,
Glen and Vince
p.s. - Oh and one more thing... our Terms of Service